Rohit Sharma and Quinton de Kock will continue to open the inning for Mumbai Indians in IPL 2020, confirmed MI coach Mahela Jayawardene.
Rohit Sharma and Quinton de Kock will open MI innings against CSK in IPL 2020 opener. (Courtesy by BCCI)
- Rohit Sharma, Quinton de Kock will continue to open for Mumbai Indians in IPL 2020
- Mahela Jayawardene admits there are no plans to change MI’s opening pair
- Rohit Sharma admitted that he was gearing up to open the innings once again
Mumbai Indians head coach Mahela Jayawardene said that Rohit Sharma and Quinton de Kock achieved a lot of success at the top of the order last year and the franchise will stick to the Rohit-de Kock combination at the start in IPL 2020.
“Having options is always great. Lynny is a great addition to the squad, but the combination of Ro and Quinton has been phenomenal for us last season. They complement each other very well, it has been very consistent and both are very well experienced cricketers, good leaders. Why would you fix something if it is not broken?,” Jayawardene said during a virtual press conference organized by the Mumbai Indians on Thursday.
MI skipper Rohit Sharma also hinted that he will be opening for his team when IPL 2020 kickstarts with the defending champions taking on CSK on September 19. Rohit Sharma also revealed that he will keep options open as far as his batting position is concerned.
I think I opened the entire tournament last year and will continue to do that even in this year,” Rohit Sharma said.”I keep all the options open, whatever the team wants, I’m happy to do that. I enjoy batting at the top of the order, I’ve been doing that for a while, I really enjoy that. Even when I play for India, the message from my side to the management is that do no close any doors keep all the options open, I’ll do that here as well,” Rohit added.